A Lady In Waiting... For My Jensen 30" Ashley wheel!

 
Isn't she STUNNING tho??? I've wanted a 30" diameter wheel forever! This will probably be the last addition to my collection / spinning wheel stable! I'm a Lady In Waiting & not so patiently I must admit - for this GORGEOUS Jensen 30" "Ashley" Scandinavian Double-Table wheel to be custom made unfinished for me by Mr. Jensen himself before he retires from the spinning wheel business entirely! 
 
This is what mine will look like only unfinished after the average 2-3 months it will take for her to be artfully hand-crafted. I get that works of art like this take TIME & simply cannot be rushed - But Ohhh I am SO itchy to get my spinning paws on her! I figure staining her will take about 2 weeks to let her properly dry between coats & finish oilings etc etc ... She's being made in 100% Cherry wood so I may not stain her at all & just give her a natural Tung oil finish that naturally hardens, seals & protects the wood - then just treat her as I do all my wheels with routine oiling treatments of "Ballistol" - a gun cleaning oil that feeds, conditions, restores & protects - EVERYTHING you can think of!
 
Just thott you might enjoy a peek at my new baby while I wait & ponder, & dream of Spinning beautiful lace yarns on this jaw-dropping beauty of a spinning wheel! I have to think of a suitable name for her before she gets here too! Kind of leaning towards Greta something or other - or "Evangeline".
 
Admittedly she's going to be the MOST EXPENSIVE wheel I've ever owned & probably worth MORE than all the rest combined! I keep telling Honey that the Good News Is - that when I finally kick the bucket these lovely spinning wheels will STILL be worth every penny we've paid for them or at the very least, more than enough to cover anything resembling post-mortem "Buyer's Remorse".
 
WISH someone in my family was a Spinner to inherit these treasures one day - but afraid that Spinning only lures & romances moi'! I imagine they'll still all find excellent loving homes & countless useful years of happy spinnings with fellow RAVELRY members who know how to use & care for them & would absolutely CHERISH them as much if not more so than I do.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Inspirations:

  • COMPLIMENTS!!!
  • Creative Expression
  • Fibers / Textile Arts
  • New Age Music
  • Night Skies
  • Purples & Amethysts
  • The Wonders of Nature

Which Card Are You?

You are The Empress

Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.

The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents, beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.

The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.

What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

The Electronic Universal Dream Spinner

The Electronic Universal Dream Spinner
ONE Electronic Wheel to spin EVERY style - type or BRAND Flyer & Bobbin out THERE!!!

BABE - Electronic Spinning Wheel

BABE  - Electronic Spinning Wheel
When Time & Space Are Key...